Saturday, August 16, 2008

WildRide

Here is one of my favorite pieces from the No Parachute Required Show. Mostly because it represents a lot presonal things about myself. I encontered various difficulties colouring this piece as I was unsure of the mood that I wanted to portray to the viewers.

Here is one I finally went with:
WildRide
30" X 20" Giclée On Canvas

Here were the other colour variations:

Brightly Coloured Option
The Modern Unfinished Look

The Yellow Rusty Look


Here is the Final line art (I wish I didn't ink it on such crappy paper...tears*) :

P.S. The images here are somewhat small... I actually uploaded these images quite large but they don't link to the larger version when you click on them. Does anybody know how I can fix this?

5 comments:

t e s s a r * said...

beautiful, christina.

Oleg Portnoy said...

Very nice Christina, I must say this was my favorite piece as well.

Jason K. said...

What's with the tattoos on that kid? Your work is a bad influence to us all but I still like it!

Veronica said...

It's amazing!

I do the same thing; I look at about a billion versions; never sure which direction to go.

Christina Ung said...

Thanks for the comments everyone.

And Veronica, it's nice to know I'm not the only who goes overboard with the colouring. Cheers to us!