Friday, April 24, 2009

Peeling It Away

A while back, I did some illustrations for Avenue Magazine's "One Pill Makes You Smaller". Here's one the initial concepts that wasn't selected to go to final. I thought I would like to see it finished so I put aside some time yesterday to finish it up.

For females, there has always been a lot of pressure to look beautiful and slim. Many times, we are busy and so we look for over the counter quick fixes or fall prey to those unsustainable diets and diet pills. Through this illustration, I wanted to show a healthy alternative to weight loss; the idea of eating the right foods in the right portions regularly.



Initial sketch/ concept


The Blue Coloured Version



...And the other colour variations.

3 comments:

S Y L V I A P A R K said...

Hi Christina,

I really love this illo.
I remember seeing the final illustration you did for Avenue Magazine and really liking it. But I think this could have also worked. I'm glad you decided to finish this. This is so far one of my favorite works of yours. :-)

Christina Ung said...

I'm glad to hear that. I remember you commenting on the inital concept sketches. It was just what I needed to finish it off... So, this piece is for you. Thanks :)

Christian Pearce said...

Wow Christina, this is beautiful work.
I love the subtle way you treated the colouring and the inking is terrific!