Monday, May 11, 2009

Paper Zen Dolls For Boston Magazine

An illustration for Boston Magazine's "My Zen Is Better Than Your Zen". The story is about the new trend of inconspicuous spending, a move away from "it bags" and expensive shoes and a move toward spending money on things like yoga retreats and other forms of enlightenment.

The Art Director already knew what she wanted but was also open to any ideas that I might come up with. Here were my concepts.



They ended up sticking to the Paper Doll Idea that they had initially wanted.With some more simplifications of the initial sketch, it was done.



And for those who are interested, you can the online article here.

2 comments:

jason k said...

Neat! Is it real though? I mean, can I actually cut the pieces out and play dress up? ;)

Veronica said...

Nice!

Boston ADs are so fashionably aware