Monday, June 8, 2009

Fashion Phobias

Here's a little something for More Magazine's article, "Lets Ban Fashion Phobias". The illustration coveys one of fashion-related condition.. "The Upper arm fear".

I don't have a problem with my arms. But if I were to nominate someone who should be concerned about this particular part of their body... it would be me. I'm quite active so my right arm is noticeably larger than my left.

Karen Von Hahn, author of the article discusses women’s fears about their body imperfections and their self-imposed fashion restrictions due to these fears. It’s a missed opportunity because if done right, fashion can accentuate our feminine attributes. Not to mention, hide our little imperfections.

I’m not a big spender, but I love shopping! And I say we listen to Karen and let go of our fashion phobias :)

Here were some of my initial concepts.



And the final illustration.

6 comments:

Jason said...

I've always admired you work. Also loving the colors on this one-- Good stuff.

Veronica said...

Nice!

I love the final, but I really like the dynamics of your first concept with the shirt under the bikini :)

brandi milne said...

Yay!! So great to see the behind the scenes!! Thanks for sharing!!

June Chanpoomidole said...

Sawadee Kaa,
I always love your illustrations and it's amazing to see the development behind the final work.
Keep it up :)

Juan Carlos Solon said...

Great work! I've been a fan for awhile!

donny said...

really great concept. lovely illos overall as well!