Monday, July 6, 2009

Runner's World

Here's an illustration I did a while back for Runner's World Magazine July Issue. It was for their Ask the Expert Column. I had to come up with drawing concepts to demonstrate that pushing a running stroller adds additional training benefits.

One benefit is the strengthening of certain muscle groups. To convey this, I had the wheels drawn like weights. Here are the other sketches I came up with.



I had some time so I worked the composition more.



And here's the final illustration.

4 comments:

james gustavson said...

Really like the texture and all the shapes of color!

Jason K. said...

I second that. Colors are brilliant. Love it.

Kidchuckle said...

i love this one.
The ducky is so CUTE!!!!!!

Raymond Xu said...

these illustrations are great. awesome stuff.