Thursday, February 4, 2010

Star Trek Movie Review for PlayBoy

Here's an illustration I did for Playboy Magazine's movie review on the 2009 Star Trek Movie. I didn't have to wrack my brain for anything conceptual so it was a really fun and relaxing project.

I usually start off all my projects by doing a massive image research on the internet. This usually helps kick-start my creative thinking and allows me to conceptually piece together ideas. With this particular project, I stopped midway and I decided to just go and watch the movie at the theatres. I love it when you get to do something fun and attribute it to work

So here are some compositions I came up with:



It’s always difficult for me to make a colour selection because personally, I think all the colours of rainbow are beautiful. I usually end up asking family and friends for their opinions and tally up their votes.



And the most voted image..

4 comments:

Juan Carlos Solon said...

All the color combos are great in their own way, I really like the last two though especially!

great work! now I wanna watch the movie again..!

jess b said...

You should save your movie ticket and put it down as a work related fee for tax.

Wonderful image again, and nice to hear that someone else has problems with colour. The minute I start playing around on photoshop the image gets saved away as: Never be finished.

But I'm all for the final chosen image, several thumbs up! Can't wait to see your next work.

Solo said...

Man love the Work especially this- for a Trekkie. Cant wait to see what you do next.

Christina Ung said...

Great movie; definitely worth watching twice Juan.

Thanks for siding with me in my colour dilemma Jess. I wish I didn't lose my movie receipt though.

@ Solo- glad you're enjoying yourself :)