Friday, June 4, 2010

Illustration for Westchester Magazine

Here’s something I did for Westchester magazine. It was for an article featuring some badass ideas for a girl’s night out. I’m not sure what is was, but I got really excited while doing this illustration. Here were some of my initial concepts.



I drew out the fun sporty activities suggested in the article and tried to add a girly twist to it. The boxing sketch was my favourite so the Art Director let me go with that one. I have a girl boxer at the corner ring. But instead of having a coach or water boy on the sidelines, I have her girlfriends doing her hair and makeup. Here are some of my process shots.



And here’s the final for you. Hope you’ve enjoyed this :)

6 comments:

Sean Ingvard Ashby said...

Wicked cool. Looooooove the colors.

Kidchuckle said...

Hooooootttt!
love this piece!

Lok said...

Llllove the idea and execution! Wicked work..

JuanCarlos said...

Great work as always Christina!!

Love the balance between your blacks and bright colors!!

Christina Ung said...

Haha, thanks guys. This was definitely one of the of those illustrations you do for work but you feel you're not really working as you do it.

call me susana said...

Yeah!! A strong woman!