Thursday, September 2, 2010

DISHING ABOUT DIVORCE

Hello Everyone!

So earlier this summer, I had the opportunity to do a feature illustration for More Magazine which is always a great joy for me. I've mentioned it in my previous post but I have to mention it again.. the Art Director is an absolute blessing to work with!

The article for this illustration focuses on divorce; particularly on women's strong support network and their tendencies to vent as a form of communal therapy. Believe it or not, statistics indicate that more male suffer feelings of despair compared to women after they've experienced a break up of a marriage or common law relationship.

Here are some of my initial concepts,


The process,


The final,



I love how the page was designed so here are some shots of the magazine with the feature illustration and the spot illustration I did.





Let me know if you've enjoyed this post.
Have a great weekend,and happy Labour Day!

7 comments:

Alberto said...

Of course I like it, awesome illustrations, funny reason :)

mark smith said...

Amazing work Christina!

Jason K. said...

very awesome Christine. I love how it all turned out!

Christina Ung said...

Well thank you very much to Alberto, Mark and Jason; your comments are very much appreciated :)

call me susana said...

Wow. How did I just find out about your work? Love the picture because I rarely see a female network painted in a positive/savior light.

Jenn Liv said...

you are amazing! i love the colours you use and the style!

artianadeco said...

im in love with this illustration! fantasting work, watchin u :)