Monday, December 20, 2010

Call Of The Wild

Happy Holidays Everyone!

I wanted to do this post for a while now but I've been occupied doing a lot of holiday shopping and just spending lots of time with family and friends. I do think this post is just perfect with Christmas around the corner which has everyone in a shopping frenzy. So enjoy this post about Shopaholics!

Call of the Wild Process

A while back, I had the opportunity to illustrate for Psychology Today Magazine about identifying Shopaholics in the wild. I love keeping up to date with fashion trends so I was more than ecstatic to do this illustration.

Here were some of my initial concepts:



My process work:



And then 2 variations of the final illustrations. The yellow background was selected to go to print by the art director but the one with the red-orange background is my personal favourite.






Shout outs to Joshua Rains who kindly mentioned me in his blog and is also a brilliant illustrator himself. Check out his website at http://www.drawjoshdraw.com/

Hope you enjoyed this post. Look forward to the next one before the end of this week.
Cheers*

4 comments:

Daniel Hamilton said...

Very cool!! I love seeing your process pictures! It's nice to be able to see how people arrive at their final thing. Not many illustrators seem to value their process pictures enough to post them (or maybe it's time consuming suppose because that's why I don't post mine: it would involve too much scanning. more reasons working digitally is handy I guess).

Christina Ung said...

Thanks Daniel, I'm glad you enjoy my posts :) I love it when my favourite artists post their process work so I figured I would do the same when I had time.

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh said...

Thanks for the shout out Christina! I've loved your work since I came across your Banco Popular display. Your work inspires me to become a full-time illustrator everyday!